February 8, 2009

Baked Catalina Chicken

I came across this recipe from the Kraft website. The original recipe actually calls for an onion soup mix. (Fortunately) I forgot to include it in my grocery list when I first decided to try this recipe. I went ahead and did it anyway and I loved it! Since then, I never even attempted to try it with the soup mix. It's already perfect with just the dressing and the cranberry sauce. This is my new favorite chicken recipe so far! It's so easy to make and with only three ingredients, you'll never go wrong!



Ingredients:
3 lbs chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, wings)
1 can (16 oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 bottle Kraft Catalina dressing

Pour cranberry sauce and Catalina dressing in a mixing bowl. Mix well and pour into a gallon-size ziplock bag. Put chicken in the bag and marinate for at least 2 hours. (I like to marinate mine overnight in the fridge)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange chicken pieces in a 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through.

TIPS:
* Set aside 1 cup of the marinade prior to putting the chicken in the ziplock bag. Just before serving the chicken, heat this marinade in the stovetop on medium-low for about 10 minutes. Makes a great dipping sauce for the chicken!
* For you Floridians out there, I could never find the whole berry cranberry sauce in Wal-Mart. (I have no clue why!) I'm not sure if it's a seasonal item BUT they always have it in Publix.

No comments:

Post a Comment